This delicious, fresh fruit salad is actually more like a homemade fruit cocktail – once sliced or cubed, the fruit is combined with orange juice, sugar and orange flower water and left to macerate while it chills.
Fresh squeezed orange juice is highly recommended over packaged or concentrate – it really does make a difference! Use whatever fruit combination you like, keeping in mind that colorful additions will add to the fruit salad's appeal.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Chilling time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour, 30 minutes
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
- 9 to 10 cups sliced or cubed fresh fruit
- 2 to 3 cups fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1/4 cup sugar, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon orange flower water, or to taste
- 1 to 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- --- Fruit Suggestions ---
- mandarin or navel oranges
- green or red grapes
- pears and/or apples
- peaches and/or nectarines
Peel and seed, and slice or cube the fruit into bite-sized pieces. Combine the orange juice with the sugar, lemon juice, and orange flower water and pour over the fruit. Cover and chill for one to two hours before serving.