These flavorful kebabs can be made with either chicken or turkey breast. Marinate the meat several hours for best results.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 1 1/2 lbs. chicken or turkey breast, cut into 3/4" cubes
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed saffron threads (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 or 2 cloves garlic, pressed or finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsely
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
Combine all ingredients except the chicken. Add the chicken, and mix well to fully coat the meat. Cover with plastic, and leave the chicken to marinate for several hours or overnight in the refrigerator.
Transfer the chicken to skewers and grill or broil about 4 or 5 minutes on each side, or until the meat is done. Serve immediately.Yields 8 to 10 large skewers.