Tender, flavorful cuts of meat work best for these easy, tasty kebabs. Try using leg of lamb or beef steak fillets.
Serves four to six as a main course. Well suited for entertaining or special occasions.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 1 kg (2 lb. 3 oz.) leg of lamb or beef fillet, cut into 3/4" cubes
- 1 medium onion, finely choppped
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Cover with plastic, and leave the lamb or beef to marinate for several hours in the refrigerator.
Transfer the meat to skewers and grill or broil on medium-high heat about 6 or 7 minutes on each side, or until the meat tests done to your preference. Serve immediately.
Yields 10 to 15 large skewers.