These spicy, tasty deep-fried potatoes are easy to make, and a delicious change from French fries or baked potatoes. Serve Deep Fried Cubed Potatoes with Moroccan Spices as a side to tagines, fried fish, eggs, grilled meats, or sandwiches.
Serves 4 to 6 as a side.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1 kg (about 2 lbs.) potatoes
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme or oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
- 2 tablespoons butter, room temperature or melted
- vegetable oil, for frying
Peel the potatoes, and cut them into cubes 1/2" to 3/4" thick. Wash the cut potatoes, and leave them to drain.
In a small bowl, mix together the spices and set aside.
Heat oil in a deep fryer to 350° F (180° C). Add the potato cubes, and fry for about 15 minutes, or until deep golden and tender. Remove from the oil and drain.
Toss the cooked potatoes with the butter and spice mixture. Serve immediately.