Fruit milkshakes or smoothies are very popular in Morocco. Try this easy apple and banana shake recipe for a light and nutritious snack or as part of an iftar during Ramadan.
Serves 2 to 3.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
- 2 cups (about 1/2 liter) cold milk
- 1 medium apple, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1 medium banana, peeled and broken into several pieces
- 2 tablespoons sugar, or to taste
- handful of ice (optional)
Put the apple, banana and sugar in a blender with about 1/2 cup of milk. Blend until creamy and smooth.
Gradually add the remaining milk and blend just until well mixed and foamy. Add a handful of ice to the blender if you like your shake well-chilled, and blend for another minute to crush the ice.
Pour into glasses and serve.